Checking the security of your site
Checking the status of the SSL certificate and HTTPS protocol
The first step you should take when analyzing the site's security level is to check for an SSL certificate. It converts an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) address to HTTPS (Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol). As a result, all data that users exchange with a web resource is securely encrypted, which makes it much more difficult for fraudsters to intercept it.
Revalin monitors the validity of the chain of certificates and the correctness of their settings on the site. In addition, the system will remind you to install a new certificate and tell you when to renew it.
Another step in checking the security of the site is obtaining data about the domain. You need to look at the registration information, check the history of the domain and evaluate the sites that were previously hosted on it.
Also during this check, additional information can be obtained, such as the location of the IP address, hosting change, owner.
Checking the site for viruses
Malicious virus attacks on various sites on the Internet are not uncommon. The infection of a web resource threatens with serious problems: from malfunctions to theft of clients and blocking of pages. That is why you need to regularly conduct a thorough check for viruses.
The Revalin platform will help with this. The service conducts daily monitoring of the site, including using Google databases and powerful anti-virus programs. If the system detects the slightest danger, a notification is immediately sent to you with a detailed report about the possible risks.
How can you further check the security of your site?
There are several signs that will help you quickly determine the authenticity and security of a web resource:
- Padlock in the address bar of the browser. The presence of this icon confirms that the platform is secure.
- URL. Questionable sites may contain grammatical errors in the site address. This is due to phishing resources copying the content of popular pages.
- Content. If the pages contain text with gross grammatical or spelling errors, low-quality pictures or stock images, these are clear signs of a fake site.
- Spam, pop-ups, redirects. If the site literally bombards the user with annoying ads or tries to redirect to another portal all the time, this indicates its insecurity.
- Legal information. It should be on a separate page of the site, contain not only the name of the company, but also the current address, phone numbers, information about the owner.
What does Revalin do?
The service offers a thorough offline security check of your website. You do not need to manually monitor the status of the SSL certificate and HTTPS protocol, run a virus scan, etc. Revalin does all this automatically.
Express analysis can be carried out even without registration in the system - just enter the website address in the search bar and click "Check". And for a deeper comprehensive analysis, you need to enter your personal account. All verification reports, advice and recommendations for troubleshooting are immediately sent to the user.